Pages

Thursday 9 November 2023

The Standard Guide to South Asian Coins and Paper Money since 1556 AD

From my collection!

When I first started collecting in 1982, as was wont with enthusiastic hobbyists then; to start with coins.

My first and only coins were copper tablets from the Bahmani period. I still have them. Although of very little value, it's priceless to me, as it set the pace of my journey!

This book: The Standard Guide to South Asian Coins and Paper Money since 1556 AD, was my first book in my collection!


Published in 1981, a year before I embarked on my collecting journey, this book became scarce in just a few years.

By 1999, photocopies of this book was being sold in Bangalore for Rs. 600/- and one had to request!

The quality of the photocopies were anything but clear.

Anyways, I got an enquiry last evening, prompting this post.

The rarity of this book is such that only 2 libraries have a copy. Rest published must be with collectors in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment